During the second half of 2018 and into early 2019, Council’s Governance Committee (led by Chris Braithwaite and including appropriately skilled members from our Parent and OTG communities) reviewed the School’s Constitution, those of comparable schools, and worked with legal experts from Gadens to propose a new, modernised Constitution.
After a period of consultation with all members of the TGS Community, the new Constitution was adopted on Monday 29 April 2019.
Key features of the new Constitution include
- Full alignment with the ACNC Act and Corporations Law;
- Full voting rights for all Council Members;
- The creation of Stakeholder Members, who attend AGMs, EGMs with full voting rights, to provide new formal accountability and informal feedback mechanisms;
- Positive obligation on Council to engage with the Community; and
- TGS’s Vision, Values and Mission embedded into a preamble to create a living document that can continue to evolve with TGS needs.
The new Constitution can be viewed here.